Nigella Sativa flowers

Samstag, 6. August 2011

Effects of Aspirin and Nigella Sativa on Coagulation Profile in Albino Rats for four Weeks Duration

AKHTAR MUNIR, KHALID QAYYUM*, MUHAMMAD FAROOQ**


Department of Pathology, Kohat Institute of Medical Sciences, Kohat
*Assistant Professor ENT, Kohat Institute of Medical Sciences, Kohat
**APMO Services Institute of Medical Sciences/Services Hospital, Lahore
Correspondence to Dr. Akhtar Munir, Assistant Professor Pathology

ABSTRACT
Ninety albino rats were selected and were divided into six groups on the basis of different diets given. Control group (I) was fed on synthetic diet and experimental groups (IIA, IIB, IIC, IID and IIE) were fed on 1 mg aspirin, 15mg, 30 mg, 45 mg Nigella Sativa per kg body weight respectively while IIE was given 30 mg NS and 1 mg aspirin/kg body wt. Blood samples were collected by heart puncture and Coagulation parameters were done. APTT was reduced significantly in groups taking different concentration of NS when compared with control. Percentage of clot retraction was weak significantly in groups taking aspirin only when comparing with other groups.



Key words: Aspirin, Nigella Sativa

INTRODUCTION

Petroleum ether extracts produced significant shortening in the whole blood clotting times and activated partial thromboplastin time. No significant effect was shown on the prothrombin time and thrombin time1. The fatty extract and petroleum ether inhibited the fibrinolytic activity in vivo and in vitro. The mechanism of this effect is not known but it may be due to an inhibitory effect on the activation of plasminogen or inhibiting the plasmin activity2,3,4.
Seeds of Nigella sativa are given with butter and milk to cure obstinate hiccup. Seeds are employed as a purgative. They are also useful in indigestion, loss of appetite, fever, diarrhea, and puerperal disease etc7,8. NS produced significant shortening in kaolin cephalin clotting time. Ether extracts and fatty extract produced a significant shortening in bleeding time5,6.

SUBJECTS AND METHODS

Ninety male albino rats were divided into different groups on the basis of diet (Table1). Blood sampling was done at 4th week. Special Haematological investigation (PT, APTT and fibrinogen) were performed.


Table I: Groups of animals based on diet
Groups

No. of
animals

Type of diet/rat twice a day
I (Control)

15

10gms (synthetic diet)


Experimental group -II

75
IIA

15

0.2 mg aspirin & 10g synthetic diet



IIB

15

3.0 mg Nigella Sativa & 10g synthetic diet



IIC

15

6.0 mg Nigella Sativa & 10g synthetic diet

IID

15

9.0 mg Nigella Sativa & 10g synthetic diet



IIE

15

0.2 mg aspirin + 3 mg Nigella sativa & 10g synthetic diet


RESULTS

The results of different groups at 4th week are shown in Table 2.

Table 2: Specific haematological investigations in experimental and control groups at 4th week

Groups

PT (Second)

APTT (Second)

Fibrinogen (mg/dl)

IA

(DISCUSSION


Prothrombin Time: The mean ± SD values of PT in experimental groups IIA, IIB, IIC IID & IIE were comparable with that of control groups.



Activated Partial Thromboplastin Time: The mean ± SD values of APTT in experimental groups taking NS only was significantly (p<0.05) decreased when comparing with control group (IA) at 6th week but comparable in groups taking aspirin at 4th week. This decreased APTT in groups taking Nigella sativa may be due to effect of NS on factors involved in the intrinsic coagulation pathway. Such results are in conformity with the study of Owen et al (1975)1 & Ghoneum et al (1982)5 who also observed similar changes.



Fibrinogen Level: The mean ± SD values of fibrinogen in experimental groups taking different conc of NS and aspirin are comparable when comparing with control group (IA) at 6th week. The comparison between different experimental groups to each other also showed non-significant difference statistically.

Where to buy Black seed oil



http://www.regenerativenutrition.com/


3 Kommentare:

  1. Glory to God in heaven. It's good to testify the goodness of God In one's life. Confese your sins and problem to one another so that you can be free forever. I'm a living witness. My name his Harris Dorothy. I was diagnosed of this deathly and shameful disease,Herpes for 4years. Till when I decided to give my life to God believing that he's a merciful God that can heal me. After service that faithful Sunday morning I decided to confess my problem to my father in Lord, Pst John of the RCCG Alaska. He gave me a brief story about his life how,necessary it is to believe in God. He told me how he suffered from Herpes for 7 years,but God makes a way for him through an African Herbalist,Dr. Dominic Elabe who he saw comments of people across online testifying how he's has been curing lots of people with his herbs. And in faith he contacted the Dr. Elabe And he Prepared his medicine and sent to him through the DHL to his home address I was very excited . I requested for the Herbs Doctor contacts . He gave me assurance that all I need to do its to pray for God to forgive my sins and sent his healing power upon my life. I did has he said and quickly contacted Dr. Elabe after a short conversation,I had to prove to me and I believed him after going through his pictures with patients and of live webcam conversation with all the documents recommending him to cure all sickness . I explained all my problems to him and all my Pst told me about its capability and talents in Herbs cure.....He gave me full assurance that I shall receive my cure if I can limit myself from what I eat and follow its medication rules because herbal and medical prescription don't go together. I requested for the immediate cure for my medicine. He papered the herbs and sent it the same way. Not upto 3weeks after taking his medicine,I began to experience lots of changes in me. To the glory of God, my HSV result,tested negative as he said....Am urging you all suffering from this diseases or of any kind,and might have any love one's with any deathly virus. God never forsake its children who believe and have faith in him...do not be afraid Dr. Elabe ...is real and ready to cure you from all diseases,sickness or infection not matter the sickness type or distance. Do your best to contact this great And powerful herbalist and watch Dr.Elebe ...he has the cure with his herbs,and it's medicine are very active with no sight effect and active immune booster. Watch him and Contact Dr.............@
    Email............... Dominicelabeherbalhome4all@gmail.com

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Herpes Finally Gone, thanks to Dr. Utu for his Herbal Treatment.
    I had a sudden onset of cold sores and a new one was appearing each day. I was on primary immunosuppressant I noticed my body just can't fight the virus on its own. After five days of treatment and no success I suspected herpes I went for test and it was confirmed. God was my strength I met a doctor for treatment. He gave me Dr Utu's contact. I contacted him immediately, This medication was far amazing that within 24-48 hrs the blisters were crusting over. The swelling and redness was decreasing as well. I was on four weeks herpes medication which I completed before going for test. I went for herpes test and then again back to my doctor who confirmed me herpes negative it was really like a dream. What a relief! Feel Free to contact Dr Utu Email:- drutuherbalcure@gmail.com OR WhatsApp :- +2347032718477

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. I would like to thank Ultimate Life Clinic for reversing my father's Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). My father’s ALS condition was fast deteriorating before he started on the ALS Herbal medicine treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic. He was on the treatment for just 6 months and we never thought my father will recover so soon. He has gained some weight in the past months and he is able to walk with no support. You can reach them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com

    AntwortenLöschen